2nd LEARNING/TEACHING/TRAINING ACTIVITY
‘FLOWERS and FLOWER-VISITING INSECTS’
27th May-2nd June 2018, Antalya-TURKEY
- To equip children with knowledge and skills on flowers, pollination and
- To stimulate children’s curiosity about seeds and flowers through science activities;
- To help children get acquainted with pollination process using simple and funny tasks;
- To improve children’s English through Drama activities and/or songs on Flowers and Insects.
All Partners have carried out the following Activities in their schools:
-FOREST DAY and WATER DAY Celebration
-PRE-SURVEY with children on flowers and flower-visiting insects.
-OBSERVATION of flowers in the nature and doing some activities and crafts with flowers. (e.g. flower collage)
-A VISIT to a Botanic garden/Florist to learn more about flowers and plants, jobs related to flowers.
-WELCOMING Biologist or Science teacher in the kindergarten to carry out some science experiments (e.g. Dissecting a Flower/Sprouting seeds/Dyeing flowers).
-EASTER DAY Celebration
-EARTH DAY Celebration
-PLANTING a Tree and KITE Competition
-PLANTING flowers in the garden both local and international (those exchanged durng 1st TPM).
-OBSERVING flower-visiting insects in the nature and discovering the process of POLLINATION.
-Making a simple ‘BEE HOTEL in the kindergarten.
-ENGLISH Lessons to learn some names of flowers and insects in English via songs&drama
-MOTHERS’ DAY Celebration with families in the kindergarten
-POST SURVEY with children and QUESTIONNAIRE with teachers.
The Agenda for the workshop of LTT-2 included
- PRESENTATION on ‘Preschool Education in Turkey and Education in Döşemealtı Ekolojik Kreş’
- PRESENTATION of LTT2 Activities + 1 Sample Lesson Plan by TURKEY
- PRESENTATION of Children’s Prepost Test Results & Teachers’ Questionnaire Reports Countries on LTT2 activities by TURKEY
- PRESENTATION of 6 Partners on LTT-2 activities+Sample Lesson Plans+*Pre-post Test Results
+Teachers’ Questionnaire Results
- Discussions/Comments about LTT2
- Updating the Etwinning Portal/Project webpage
- Discussing the Budget Management
- Deciding on the Booklet Content & Design
- Going over the Glossary
- Discussing the issues to be mentioned in Immediate Report.
Totally, 19 PARTICIPANTS were in the MOBILITY.
1) We did very fruitful JOB-SHADOWING in the host kindergarten ‘Döşemealtı Ekolojik Kreş’:
-We learned many things about the Pre school Education in Turkey;
-We admired the kindergarten’s garden, fruit trees, the flowers and the animals living in the garden;
-We were very pleased to observe children doing planting work in the garden;
-We had great time watching the children’s drama performance.
2) It was a good opportunity to to visit a private K-12 school with kindergarten in the same district, where we observed children doing different ecological activities.
3)Thanks to our host project coordinator who organized a meeting with the mayor of Döşemealtı whom we learned a lot of things about Döşemealtı district.
4) A different but unforgettable memory for most of us: A visit to Mosque and Open Market.
5) We were lucky that we were able to see very nice samples of Turkish Hand Crafts when we visited Adult Education Center.
6) A Cultural Trip where we visited Karain Cave, Evdir Han Caravanserai, Nomad’s Tent, Antalya Museum was a great experience to learn more about the host partner’s country, history and culture.
At the end of the meeting, each partner country filled in the Participants’ Evaluation Form.