1st LEARNING/TEACHING/TRAINING ACTIVITY
‘4 Elements (Earth, Water, Sun and Air) in the Nature’
11th-17th March 2018, Buzau-ROMANIA
-To help children create an ecological awareness for 4 elements: Air, Earth, Water, Light
-To equip children with knowledge and skills on the 4-elements-tasks by grasping their importance for living beings, especially for farmers
-To stimulate children’s creativity and curiosity in different tasks related to 4 elements by observing, exploring and experimenting
-To improve children’s English vocabulary on ‘4 Elements’
-OBSERVATION of 4 Elements in the NATURE;
-Growing Herbs in water
-PLANTING a TREE
-Building a GREENHOUSE
-Trip to the Fruit Garden
Each partner kindergarten conducted the pre/post tests to children and questionnaires to teachers before or after the activities.
*The AGENDA for the Workshop of 1st LTT on ‘4 ELEMENTS IN THE NATURE’ in Romania (11-17th March 2018, Buzau):
- Presentation of Countries on LTT1 activities
- Sample Lesson Plan- (each country prepares a lesson plan for their favorite LTT-1 activity)
- Prepost Test charts& Questionnaire Reports
- Discussions/Comments about LTT1
- Updating the Etwinning Portal/Project webpage
- Discussing the Budget Management
- Deciding on the Booklet Content & Design
- Choosing words for Glossary (Dictionary)
- Overviewing LTT2 (Implementation/Timetable/Suggestions for Prepost Test Questions)
*Totally, 21 PARTICIPANTS were in the MOBILITY.
1) We did very fruitful JOB-SHADOWING in our host kindergarten ‘Gradinita cu program Prelungit Numarul 8′:
-We learned many things about the Preschool Education in Romania;
-We admired the teachers’ management skills and the collaboration between teachers in the kindergarten;
-We were very pleased to be involved in ecological activities with children;
2) We were lucky to be able to visit another kindergarten in a village, where we observed children doing different ecological activities.
3) It was a good opportunity to pay a short visit to an Art School and spend time with talented students performing special tasks.
4) Thanks to our host project coordinator who organized a meeting with the local educational authority with whom we had opportunity to talk about the importance of Erasmus + projects and Preschool Education in Romania.
5) We would like to give a big applaud to our host Kindergarten since they did their best to increase our project’s visibility and dissemination using local media-TV, Newspaper, etc.
6) A Cultural Trip where we visited Peles Castle, Bran Castle and Rasnow Fortress was a great experience to learn more about our host partner’s country and spend more time with our project partners as well.
* At the end of the LTT-1 Workshop, each partner country filled in the PARTICIPANTS’ EVALUATION FORM.